Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Sep 26 - Warmth and Shivers

I didn't think I would enjoy the conference so much! I was busy running around greeting people (It was really amazing meeting everyone you usually only talk about in emails in person!) and doing other stuff too (I couldn't be happier for having chosen my two vice directors and sixteen Liaison Officers as my staffs). As a result, my internet connection was off almost the entire time to save the battery (I keep everyone's number on Samsung which is where the WhatsApp is on), so we weren't really talking.

After the conference agenda was done for the day, we went to the hotel to let the delegates change their clothes because we were taking them to a restaurant for dinner. Dinner was crazy and we were having so much fun! About 8.30pm that night, I turned on my connection to see if he was online. I figured I could leave him a message to let him know I would be home in three hours or so. And voila! I have an image waiting on WhatsApp.


My insides clenched. I didn't care that some people looked at me curiously to know why I was smiling so widely. There should be a policy against the most amazing boyfriend to stop acting so sweet.

That night when I got home, the connection was really bad. We tried multiple times to be on the phone but it was really hard. I think the accumulation of all the successful calls was only around one minute. To worsen things up, I fell asleep in the middle of the next attempt. I'm impossible sometimes. And somewhere in his always-sweet good night message that night, I found this, "...I really missed you today. It was stronger than the other times I missed you. That explains my feelings for you and how bad I want you. I know you had a great day, so that makes me feel good. And I heard your voice although the connection was awful..." I shivered at the warmth he's giving me.