Saturday, October 5, 2013

Sep 20 - The Accident

The stress level was ridiculously high from the competition and the conference. And Luis wasn't helping at all. No, he wasn't being a jerk or whatsoever, on contrary, he........ He became the sweetest creature in the history. I couldn't believe the effort he made ALL DAY to treat me like a princess. Just listening to my concerns and ramblings, comforting me, and most of all giving me a comfortable space to work in. He wasn't at all demanding. He was available like everytime I went on WhatsApp. So why did I say he wasn't helping at all? Because it took everything I had to push back the urgency to say the L-word back to him. I was afraid I wasn't being rational and it was only my emotions talking.

Until it was really late at night and I was finally done with my work. I insisted on being on the phone just before I went to sleep because I really needed to hear his voice. I felt good about this call because I got to be at my best behavior since the stress for the day had come off. I was focused on giving him my full attention from the energy I have left and making him feel special. Till one of us joked about kids, I was too tired to remember who (I was closing my eyes the entire call). But somehow this happened:

V: I will tell the kids about the silliest things about you. The mistakes; everything.
L: And I will too, to them. I will badmouth you.
V: Hey what are you gonna tell them! I don't have a bad thing in me.
L: I'll just make up stuffs and they will believe it because they love their daddy so much.
V: They love their mommy more! But don't be sad, cause Mommy loves Daddy.

And there was this silence. I thought the connection broke or something so I just stayed silent too. Until he said, "So you love me too."

My eyes flew open and my heart skipped a beat. I couldn't have just told him I love him! I can't believe it slipped off my mind! I don't bite my nails yet I found myself biting my nails. "Umm, I think I do." Gosh, what am I doing?! This is mayday.

But then the craziest thing happened: I felt warmth inside me. It didn't feel like it was a mistake nor it was too fast for both of us to say that. I believe his intentions and I trust my feelings too. That night we ended the phone call by saying, "Love you!" And it felt like... the most natural thing. Yes, I love him too.