Saturday, October 5, 2013

Sep 19 - Recipes for Love

Many things happened today.

1. I woke up with the most guilty feeling realizing I fell asleep for three times (Three times!) last night, leaving him in a middle of cute conversations. Yesterday I told him that I just found out that the competition I'm trying for kicked off way earlier than the usual, annual timeline. This created chaos and the result is my team has to submit an investment report, which is normally made in a month, by next week. That translates to madness. Adding our classes to the equation, imagine how even lesser time we have for each other. But he was so gentle with me although I left him like all the time.

2. He wanted to talk about our break. In the morning following our break that night, we just went back to our normal selves and never brought that up. So we did. I'm so glad that our feelings didn't change and that we still have faith in each other that is strong enough to continue our relationship.

3. My phone takes the most battery, it's crazy. I had to spend all day long outside, I couldn't charge my phone, so I had to turn off the internet connection most of the times. One time I turned it on and found a hysterical LINE chat from Irene saying that Luis had been texting her only to see how she was doing. But I knew there must be sincerity and sweetness in his words, otherwise Irene wouldn't say "I'm basically floating on the sky right now." In capital letters. It was the cutest thing ever that he felt the need to check up on her and little things like that just made me swoon.

4. It's been quite sometime so I thought it's time for my sister Astrid to know about us. We were on the phone for almost two hours because she asked for the tiniest, littlest details! Hahaha. It felt right to ask her for her opinions and objectives, I guess she's always been my guardian angel. But then something happened. After I got off phone with her, Luis called me. And Mom came into the room so I had to say bye in like a split second. I know it's not fair for him this way, but I hope he understands Mom is not judging him personally, it's that she just doesn't trust foreign guys in general. And Lu's skepticality about marriage isn't something I can use to prove her wrong with. I really hope it will get better for us. She just needs more time.

Yup, I think I'm gonna say the L-word back any day now.