Tuesday, October 1, 2013

All Hail September

The international conference I was organizing was held on September 25-28, it's the Asia Pacific Student Forum 2013 by my organization Universal Youth Alliance. Being a Director of Delegates Relations, I was in charge to make sure all the participants' needs were accommodated, so imagine how crazy it was about a week prior to the event that people were starting to come hence the coordination with the Liaison Officers, treasurer, and accommodation/transportation staffs. During the very same week, I found out that the competition my friends and I were aiming for, Investment Research Challenge by CFA Institute, had kicked off and we only had not more than one week to make an investment analysis that was, guess what, due on September 25. 

I admit the past weeks had been hell for Luis and I. One day we could not even text each other in the same time: I left him messages, he left me messages, but not in one frame of time. Most of the days were depressing as I missed him so much and I know he did too, then I felt even worse cause it felt really guilty not making him my top priority. Hats off to the most amazing boyfriend who stayed with me and never ceased to treat me like a princess. Never once did he complain about my lack of attention, my lack of reply to his always thoughful messages, and my lack of ability to tell him how great he is. 

The conference was definitely the highlight of my year (to date) and our team made it to the top 10 national, ready to compete in Indonesia level. I couldn't have done it without his support, regardless of how meaningless he thinks it was to me.

Managed to have scrolled the WhatsApp chats to the very top of September, I planned on catching up with everything today. Several things might be biased for now my feelings towards him have got much stronger, but I will try my best to position myself at where I was back then. Prepare for a serious amount of posts! :)