Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Sep 25 - Life and Its Irony

Last night I worked all night at Starbucks. We only got 50 minutes of sleep from 4.10 to 5.00 at dawn, so basically it was a nap and no sleep at all. And for that sleepless night, he sent me the sweetest form of a good night message: a lovely bedtime story (it was too sweet I couldn't even retype it without feeling electrocuted, hihi). 

Oh, life and its irony.

The report was finally done about one and a half hours before the deadline. Skipping breakfast (I only had a tall glass of caramel macchiato and a warm espresso brownie after dinner last night), we went back to the city to have lunch. And I could feel my resistance level went slowly deteriorating. The packed up train home and the blazing sun were everything that drained my energy. Even so, I fortunately still managed to make a few phone calls to my vices to let them know I couldn't make it to the 2pm agenda of the conference because I still had to go home and changed clothes. I said I would be there for the opening ceremony at 7 that night.

And when I got home, I was burning. I tried taking a shower to make me feel better but the fever just wouldn't go away. I lied down in bed hoping to recover quickly but I couldn't even get any sleep for my phones just kept on ringing and so did my tablet because apparently things were not going as planned at the conference. To make it worse, I had to look up for data I keep in my laptop. So imagine breaking down physically and mentally. There was no way I could go back to Depok and attend the opening ceremony. I put a lot of effort these past months to arrange this conference, and I couldn't even be there on the first day.

Oh, life and its irony.