Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Oct 1 - Safety Net

Technically, we were still in a danger zone. He's still sleeping so we hadn't made up for the fight. Um, fight in my end but absurdity in his end, hehehehe. I woke up as a different person than last night. I could see things way better and more clearly now and I was just disappointed at my every reaction before I went to sleep. Preparing myself for the talk that would definitely take place when he woke up, I decided to go online and catch up on the posts I hadn't found the time to write. Rereading his chats from the first two weeks of September softened my heart. My guy is really amazing, why am I treating him like this?

Also think about the last two weeks of September. I had that hell-ish combo of competition and conference. For me, it was two full weeks of much less texting, much more optimized phone calls, and stress-relieving attempts because of school and work. But for Luis, it was two full weeks of much less texting, much more optimized phone calls, and stress-relieving attempts because of his girlfriend's school and work.

To re-explain, for me the stress level during the two weeks was over the top and there were numerous of times that I just thought of giving up on both things. I was petrified about the investment analysis I had to make because I've never been that good in capital markets and it was only days away from the conference. I've sacrificed a lot of things within the last months to make the conference happen. I got to handle all of the delegates, remember? I worked just by myself from the minute someone registered in our website to one week before the D-day when I could finally assign them to the liaison officers. Even so, although the liaison officers did an amazing job assisting the delegates, I still had to direct and supervise them so basically there were no days my Gmail inbox wasn't flooded by emails regarding this. There were just too many things to do and it was suffocating me. I literally inhaled and exhaled loudly only to see if I was still breathing.

But for Luis........... None of the aforementioned things actually should've been the least of his worries. But he did everything within his ability to take care of me and secure my sanity and well-being. And still I'm the one who complains all the time and be complicated. 

We talked about everything when he woke up. Even though at first I still tried to hold my pride and we argued again, in the end I gave in and admit the miscommunication was at my fault and I was very sorry about that. It was 95% my mistake, surprisingly this morning was the most gentle fight we'd had where he completely put himself aside and pushed away his stubbornness. And that means everything to me.

When we finally made up, I felt blood came back rushing in my veins. My heartbeat rate was back to normal and when he called me (and Mariana and Irene since they were in the room, hihihi), all tension was absorbed and sucked out from my body. I've been wanting to say this.. I love our fights for the sensation I get when it's all done. Drama queen!!