Thursday, October 3, 2013

Sep 15 - Midnight Emergency

When you like someone, you want them to be happy. When you really like someone, you want to make them happy. And when they are not, you want to be there for them. But in certain times, you can’t.

I woke up this morning to find a text from him, sent at 02:02 in my end. I was fast asleep; I didn’t check my phone after we said good night a few hours ago. The text was short, but it’s clear enough to let me know that something was wrong, or is wrong. It said, “I need you…

Waiting for him to wake up was probably the most torturing thing I’ve had lately; it gave me the most uneasy feeling for I just wanted to know he was okay. He waking up a little later than the usual also didn’t help; I kept on thinking the possible reasons that made him say that in the middle of the night. Until he did and, ever so smoothly, I asked him to tell me everything.

It took everything in me not to break down due to the fact that we’re 11k kilometers apart. If I could, I would just fly to him and pull him into a tight hug, letting him know that everything was going to be alright, and I will be there with him every step of the way until this problem he’s been having is solved. But I couldn’t. I couldn’t even wake up that night to listen to him when he needed me the most.

“… We’re stuck where we are. It’s so hard, it’s so far. This long distance is killing me.”
A purple butterfly hair accessory Grandpa’s brother’s wife gave me last night which, according to Luis, is not a coincidence because I’m his butterfly. “Honey look it sparkles!!!” I said, following the picture. “Like you,” said the guy.