Saturday, September 14, 2013

Aug 30 - Human Doubt

The risks of online dating could vary from the very mild one to a disaster. When I was 'with' M, Mom became more attentive listening to people's misfortunes from online dating. One day, she came home from the beauty salon and told me that one of the fellow client has a daughter who was in a relationship with a guy she met online (a fellow Indonesian but from a different tribe). The two had been talking and dating for so long until they finally agreed to meet each other. When they finally did, apparently the guy has one foot longer than the other. The girl accepted and decided that she's in love with him nevertheless and now they are married, not giving a damn about what the mother had to say.

I wasn't going to stop talking with Luis if he had a physical ability, that's for sure. But that got me thinking, if he really had something, could I accept him and stay with him for the years to come? That's another thing. I embarrassed myself by asking him that, but what other options did I have? To say I was relieved when his pictures confirmed he's perfectly fine was the understatement of the century. But right after I let out a deep sigh and said, "Is there anything I should know about you?", he stopped. I felt my breath hitched again, until his next message came through, "Uhmmm.. I have two tattoo's."

He has two tattoos. *giggling school girl*