Saturday, September 14, 2013

Aug 27 - Jet Lag

PMS has always made my life feel like a living hell. I would take deep breaths during the day, curl into a ball to sleep, and wake up in the middle of the night because of a burning stomach. This PMS is no different than the usual.

This morning, I woke up at 4.30 to the same stomach problem. I struggled for almost half an hour before it stopped rumbling. Helpless, I reached out to my phone to see a good night message he left for me from the night before. As my morning routine, I texted him a "good morning", completely unaware of his 'last seen' on WhatsApp.

Not long after I put down my phone to force myself back to dozing off, it beeped to notify me of a new WhatsApp message. It was from Luis! Apparently he was just about to sleep. I was struck by a high voltage of happiness: finally I get to say good night in the correct timeline. I went back to sleep with a big smile on my face, repeating his last message sent to me, "Slaap lekker, Sayang of mine."