Saturday, September 14, 2013

Aug 27 - Jinx and Mind-Reading

Believing in numbers is superstitious, yes, I know, but I can't help it. I always enjoy playing with numerology cause it's fun and unique! (For example, 2x4=8.) So imagine my surprise and joy when I found out his favorite number is also 7 like mine!

From numbers, we talked about Cristiano Ronaldo, because he's number 7 in Real Madrid. Cause he plays for Portugal national team, we talked about Figo (my favorite Portuguese player) and also Postiga (Veronica's favorite, only because of the name, hahaha). We then discussed about Maradona's career, because he's one of his favorite players of all-time (I'm just okay with him as a player but we both agree he's a terrible coach). I said I thought he would go for Pele instead of Maradona, and he said the reason why is because he's never that crazy over a goal machine, both in the old age and nowadays. I'm not too impressed by goal machines either, which is why we started talking about my favorite player Oliver Kahn, who was a goal keeper and my all-time favorite (Luis said, "Ooh, no, the German, of course"). We then discussed about how Lehmann was never comparable to him, although we agree that Neuer is closer. It was only logical that our next topic was around Casillas and Buffon. When we reached to Pepe Reina and Cech with his signature head cap, I could almost burst of excitement because we really speak the same language.

Also with the other things we have in common: we hate animals, we don't drink soda (we would feel funny drinking soda when we were little, and although now we can drink it just fine, we still don't like it), our reluctance of raising kids in a big city, and the horrifying one - how we grow to think like each other even more everyday!

But actually the last part has a drawback. I can't tease him (scare him with my sudden change in reaction and laugh maniacally when he falls for it) as much as I could in the first days..... </3