Thursday, October 8, 2015

Sep 09 - Hail Mother Nature!

Last year, before Luis came to Indonesia, Mariana's family took Adek and I to White Crater national park 2-3 hours away from Bandung. I remember wishing it weren't that far from Jakarta cause I really wanted to take him there. I told Uty and Ega about that after he went back to NL and they couldn't believe I didn't say anything to them cause they would've taken us! Well...... How would I know they wouldn't mind? :') They then made sure this year I had penciled this into Luis' schedule, I did it right away. After consulting with Thomy and Dimas, we chose today as the road trip day!

We woke up early to meet up with Ega and Dimas at her second apartment, before all of us would be picked up by Uty and Thomy. Thomy was my only good friend in FEUI that he hadn't met, cause during the time Luis was here last year, Thomy actually was in NL and Germany for a month! :D But Thomy's just as chill as most of my guy friends, so I knew both of them would be just fine. I was right, we were talking all the time on the road. It's always a great feeling being around people you like, even when you are stuck in traffic for hours. :D :D :D




I looove the last photo a lot! It was taken at the foggiest state. With the smoke, the stones, and the random tree branch, it almost looks like Luis was on Mars or something, hahaha.. But not only the crater that was breath-taking, but also the surrounding, we just had to take photos everywhere!


After a little over an hour of exploring, we had to come back up to where the car was parked cause Bandung was still on the list, but as we were heading towards the exit, Luis wanted to take a photo in the rainforest, hihihihi, so we all came out and did a photoshoot.

Looove this one! Ega did a wonderful job!

They also suggested to do this "Follow Me" photo, hihi!

This has just got to be the new blog background. Bomb.com! :D Credit: Thomy!

On the way to Bandung, we passed the beautiful rice paddies like the ones we saw on the way up which got Luis so excited, unfortunately we couldn't make a stop. But this time we could! So he jumped at the opportunity and, for the very first time in the history, was eager to take a selfie. Hihihihihihihi, so cute!!! To make up for being teasy by videotaping him doing so, I offered to take a proper picture of him in the rice field. Needless to say, he was a very happy camper! The panorama we'd seen all day today was nothing less than incredible.




The road to Bandung was even longer and unpredictable than Jakarta to Ciwidey, the name of the area where the national park is located in. We were getting more and more starving each minute since we were so focused on reaching White Crater as soon as possible that we had to skip lunch. Luckily Luis and I brought bread and jams, so we didn't die of hunger, hehe. Uty was being a total hero(ine) by guiding Thomy with the minimal phone navigation! So lucky we had her in the car.

First thing we did when we reached Bandung: eat! Thomy took us to his favorite Sundanese restaurant in Bandung. The food was great and we ordered so much, so we were ready to pay a lot. We agreed on just dividing the total by 3, so per couple. But when the bill came, it wasn't even 150k per couple, hahahahahaha, this could also be my favorite restaurant in Bandung.

Before we went back to Jakarta, we made a quick stop at a few other restaurants to take out food for the house, I did pick up a couple also for Luis to try in the morning, he was about as full as I was, hehe. It was such a great relief that the road back was super clear which I think swayed Luis into my arms, a few seconds before he lost consciousness, fast asleep. :) I just loved everything about today. It meant so much to me that not only my best friends would lend a hand without me asking, but also went the extra mile to create a wonderful memory that's long-lasting.