Thursday, October 8, 2015

Sep 07 - Pure Horror

Following an energy-draining and skin-burning cultural day (that we absolutely enjoyed), we decided on a laid-back, indoor date for today. Translation: a classic movie-and-dinner date. But first, I love me some Beard Papa.


I have absolutely no idea what it is about Beard Papa that got me so hooked since I was little. I remember every time we went on a holiday to Singapore and had to pick up something at Takashimaya/Ngee Ann City, I must make a stop at their booth for this classic deliciousness. Back then, we didn't have Beard Papa in Indonesia! First I ordered for myself and just like last year, Luis said he only wanted a bite. But this time after the bite he claimed the bun his and gave me a 20k bill to order another one for me, hahahaha.. It's so good, happy he finally surrendered to temptation. :P

We were contemplating which movie to see for the afternoon, finally we chose No Escape without any idea what to expect. It seemed like one of the better options since Owen Wilson and Pierce Brosnan are on it. While I'm not a huge fan of either one of them, I was positive it couldn't be horrible. I never like looking up for the synopsis and/or the trailer of the movie I'm about to watch, and this one was no different.

The whole time I was on the edge of my seat, hugging his arm for the life of me. Horror doesn't scare me and thriller disgusts me, but suspense drives me off the roof. When we got out, Luis told me he was also a little bit terrified since the scenario could happen to us if we chose to live in a similar country. My goodness we needed food. Spicy ramen sounded great. Ramen is always safe and the spiciness should offer an interesting twist. Learning Shabu Tei has the spiciness level of 1-10, he ordered a 3 and I ordered a 4 (for some reason they ended up bringing me a 5). We were so ready to move past the horrifying scenes the movie had been haunting us with. And this is what happened.

BEFORE:


DINNER:


AFTER:


It was the most painful experience we've ever had to go thru (now it's the most hilarious). His mouth instantly was burning while I just started tearing up upon consuming my third or fourth spoon, hahaha! Without a single care in the world, I asked for a glass of hot water and poured it into my bowl, at that point I'd rather lose the flavor than my consciousness, which didn't succeed too well as the food was still making my lips on fire. We digested our ogura ice creams within seconds but we still needed to head over to A&W to have some more milky ice creams; we were so desperate, hahahahaha.. Just an absolute madness, we are never eating there again. :D