Thursday, October 8, 2015

Sep 08 - The Lunch Affair

Too many errands to run for the day! I spent all morning filing for the renewal of my ID card (if you've lived here, you know how long and tedious the process is), then Bapa asked me to help him take care of a few matters at his insurance company. It was already lunch time when we were done and I was starving! I texted Luis if he could have lunch by himself cause I needed to eat directly with Bapa, my PMS was sky high at that moment. I told him I could meet him after lunch and we could hang out for the day, but he said he'd rather just wait some more until I was done with Bapa and we would just eat in the mall.

During lunch, Bapa told me that he had actually been wanting to pay Aunt Elizabeth a visit since she had been hospitalized for a few days now. He technically didn't ask for anything from me, but I knew he wanted to go with me, and I, as always, didn't have the heart to let him go that far alone, so I told him I'd just be with Luis for a couple of hours and he could pick me up and we'd go there.

So, a couple of hours it was. </3

Luis was already there when I arrived, looking all cute and homey. I swear sometimes this guy's face just needs to be showered with kisses. He chose to eat in a restaurant he had gone to once the last time I couldn't join him for a meal, I didn't object since I wasn't going to eat anyway.




Since we basically had to erase all plans for the day, we ended up staying in the mall for a bit which was lovely. We even had time to shop for chinos (we finally purchased a great pair in beige that goes so awesomely with his complexion), but then I remembered I'd wanted to get a haircut for so long. I sure needed it after a year of not getting any, the last time was when he was here in Jakarta! Apparently my hair stylist was out with her client (for the past years I've only let her cut my hair, also for styling when I'm attending special events), which was upsetting for me but making Luis a happy man! As I've mentioned a lot of times, the man's overly obsessed with long, black hair. He'd have my hair reach my butt if I ever let him to. :(

With only half an hour before I had to leave again, we ordered two drinks from the joint bubble tea shop near home. He got lemon yoghurt smoothie thingy (I know, so healthy) with regular pearl and I got the recommended Taiwan plum iced tea with rainbow jelly. His drink turned out the best choice for him but mine was UTTERLY DISGUSTING. It could be the horrible mix of the jelly and the flavored iced tea, but it was downright inedible. Ew, ew, ew! I'm never ordering it again! I was so jealous of how much he enjoyed his while I barely could swallow mine, haha.

My phone's alarm went off, the time was up. </3 It was the quickest day for us throughout his stay here, but of course it was still so much better than not meeting him at all......... like the day this post is written. *sobs* HOWEVER! Something else happened later that day. On the way to see my aunt, I couldn't get my mind off the information Pak Candha gave us during the tour last Sunday, that they had this promo for a destination of your choice for only 70k per ride, including to Cirebon, a city Aunt Zippora had recommended us to go to (on a day trip, of course) since last year! As I was browsing the site while we waited for Mama to get in the car (she decided to join us), I found there were still some days left that we could do that, so I was just mumbling to Bapa about how great this opportunity was. I had zero hope of going since we all know how 'supportive' Bapa is about our relationship......................................... but I was never more wrong. Not only he approved (this part already made my heart skip a bit, quite literally), but he was also excited to inform me the places we would need to check out and other activities we would need to do! Un-freaking-believable. The best part was, the view on the train would be to die for, the enormous rice field and all. I almost was sick to my stomach, I couldn't wait to tell Luis about this amazing news.

Later than night, Bapa and Abang helped me finalize the ticket booking for next Tuesday. Everything was perfect and I was over the moon happy!