Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Sep 01 - International (Cuisine) Trip

Sometimes we spend all day exploring places, sometimes we spend all day hanging out with people, and sometimes we spend all day eating. :P 

Our first taxi destination was Born Ga, the best Korean restaurant according to some people and the most authentic. Having dined here only once before, I opted for the safest choice, which is to order whichever my expert Korean food enthusiast Venessa ordered on her birthday lunch that one time. With any pork meat purchase, you get a buffet of food consists of a wide, wide range of vegetables, potato salad, and soups. In addition to our selections, we ordered a special chili mix called haemul ssamjang that is described as "a seasoned seafood paste with a variety of seafood that is the best dipping sauce for fresh vegetables and grilled meat." Yes, it's really odd to dip pork into a seafood sauce but somehow it just works! I loved the chili so much that I took it home.

The lighting is awkward cause as you can see there's a blind behind me



The paper napkin is also an instruction on how to properly make Korean wraps, which has the very similar concept to Mexican tacos, only with different fillings. Luis enjoyed it a lot too! He ate most of his rice altogether with the wrap. I'm not big on vegetables, but I made an exception since this is quite a unique experience for sure.

Next stop was the nearest mall for we were craving indulgent treats after such a flavorful lunch! Haagen Dazs seemed like the perfect solution so we ordered a dessert each: Banana Crepe Encounter for Luis and Paradise for me. His dessert was banana crepes with Belgian chocolate and raspberry sorbet ice creams, banana slices, whipped cream, syrups, and almond nibs; where mine was 8 (it could be either 8 or 10, don't quote me on that) small scoops of different ice creams (I believe it was vanilla, tiramisu, strawberry cheesecake, rum raisin, macadamia nut brittle, cookies & cream, coffee, and chocolate chip) with crispy waffle layers, strawberries, chocolate and raspberry syrups, and whipped cream. CLEARLY I AM NOT A FOOD BLOGGER! Hahaha, I suck at explaining food more than just describing what is served. Both were so yummy though! Such a great choice.





It was so lovely that Aunt Zippora, whose office is attached to the mall, could come see us to hang for a bit. Not only did we have a lovely chat like last year, but she also managed to squeeze some of Luis' tips and tricks on dieting and nutrition! Hihihi, even I too enjoyed the consultation. She's always a great company to us from last year, and has been supportive since the start!


Since we knew we wouldn't be that hungry for dinner, I thought of the canai and curry place near my house that I didn't take him to last year, which was stupid cause we both have Indian as our favorite food. I figured the portion would be perfect for us, for not having dinner would mean we would starve later at night! :D Always the dilemma after a big lunch. But I decided to keep it a secret for some time as I believed he would be pleasantly surprised with my pick. We walked around checking shops in that mall before heading back to our area, but even when we arrived, we still were a little bit full! So we did groceries shopping and shopped some more in the mall near my house where he treated me a nail polish and a magazine. I'm not one to let my boyfriend buy me stuffs in front of me (which is why he got me a lot of stuff while we were apart since I couldn't object, hehehehehe), but this time I gave him a pass. Only because the nail polish was only Revlon and in the color that I've been obsessed with for years, Granite. I wore it a ton last year and Luis loves it too, but a few weeks ago it ran out and I hadn't got a chance to pick up a new bottle so he got me that. As for the magazine............... it was a wedding magazine. Hahahahahaha, long story! But we sure ain't looking to settle down any time soon, contrary to the popular beliefs. A.k.a. the gossipers in the family and neighborhood. :P :P :P :P


The surprise was on point!!!! He loved both of the sauces equally and he agreed that the canai was the best we've had. We were supposed to only have this one portion of canai, but it was so good that we just had to order for another one, hahaha, we're that crazy for Indian food for sure. (Spoiler alert: It's October 7, 2015, by the time of this writing and for a few days now Luis has been looking for these sauces recipes on YouTube hihihihihi. Also last night, I ate there with my parents and he told me he was "beyond jealous." Hahaha.. We both are such Indians!)

That basically concluded our feast for the day. I could tell you it was the only day we ate so much, but that would be a horrible lie! :D :D :D Oh well, it's not everyday you get to have a full-day dining experience with someone who has the same flavor in food as you.

PS: He complimented my lip color a lot today, said it matched the color of my dress perfectly. He does that a lot, paying attention to little things and actually crediting me for it. *dreamy eyes*