Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Aug 31 - Burning Indian Calories

On my graduation day, Kakak could not leave work sooner so she could only come to the celebratory dinner, which Luis didn't go to cause he was with Araz and Venessa. Kakak had been wanting to meet him this time around, she had been so diligent asking how we were doing and all, being the sweet Kakak she's always been to me. We took a taxi to her office and there she was, waiting for us.


It was the first time for Luis and I to try the Indian booth in the restaurant complex. He had chicken biryani with rice and curry plus naan and I had butter chicken with rice. It was divine! I'm definitely ordering from that place again whenever I meet Kakak for lunch.

The lunch itself was super duper lovely. The first time Kakak and Luis met, both of them were still a little bit closed off, which was expected, learning that both of them are naturally introverted. But this time, the two of them were completely themselves and the conversation was great! Even when I was away to pick up my food and all, they were just catching up and laughing together. They were so warm to one another, I absolutely loved the quality time the three of us shared today.

Too bad Kakak had to go back to the office as soon as lunchtime was over. Just as we were walking her out, my good friend Iksan arrived, the plan was to hang out with him after Kakak. We chatted over martabak and it made me even happier that Iksan also got along well with Luis! Even after we parted ways when Iksan had to go back to his office, he texted me saying we are cute together. To have my friends (and family) support our relationship is gold.


Iksan left around 2.30 pm, which meant we could still make it to the movies in the mall I wanted to watch the movie in, I really wanted to see The Man from U.N.C.L.E.! It was half-an-hour-walking far and the sun was blazing, the wise decision was obviously to hail a taxi. But we didn't, we were stubborn and chose to walk instead, haha.. It was relatively painless though, we just never ran out of topics to talk to as we were walking. It also helped that he refused to stop holding my hand, all the time making sure his pace wasn't too fast for me. Told you, he's the most caring.

The movie was much cooler than I had anticipated! I loved it so much. Then again, spy movies are always my favorite. Love, love, love! We spent some time in the mall and then sitting on a bench in a park just in front of the mall before heading to dinner. Such a wonderful way to end the month!