Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Sep 03 - The Fourth Grand Parent

Last year I took him to visit Bapa's mom and then Mama's dad and mom. Only one more grand parent I hadn't taken him to. My late grandpa who died when Bapa was 17.

I don't rush things. I reconsider big steps so many times till I give in. This is a big deal to me, so certainly, I would not have taken him to my grandpa's graveyard if I wasn't sure about him.



It's been almost 40 years since he was gone but his memories still live among people he had blessed during his lifetime. I still have people coming up to me, telling me stories of how he lived and what a wonderful person he was, and how we two would get along the best since people can see the resemblances of him and I. I may not have met him, but it was enough to know that he would protect me and be proud of me and encourage me to be a better person, half of the person he was. Crazy as it might sound, I also believe he would be the first one to welcome Luis' presence in our lives. Too bad he's not around anymore. But I'm happy knowing he's in the best place he could ever be. :)

Luis didn't say much, but I know he understood what I was thinking and feeling that moment. Ever so gently, the rub my back, caressed my arms, and held my hands. He proved to me to be the only one who deserved this chance. I couldn't feel more relieved that I took him there.

The emotional, bittersweet moment, commenced by the long and exhaustive ride from home, sure worked up our appetite. Luckily there's a mall nearby so we took the first taxi we saw. What a luck, Shabu Slim was having 50% off for their all-you-can-eat! You bet we made a great use out of it. ;)



Hahahaha yeah, things got a little bit out of hand. We deserved it though! :P Feeling so, very full and bloated, we forced ourselves to get out to the park and do an afternoon stroll. If it wasn't this far from home, I would be going here every single day, the park is just beautiful with the huge trees and colorful flowers and even koi ponds. 


We found a hilarious signage in front of one of the ponds:

Since when can fish be this sassy!!!!! Haha, awesome!

It was another lovely day spent with him. I don't think I will ever run out of reasons to thank God for bringing him to me.