Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Aug 23 - Wish We Had Done It Sooner

NO! Not 'it' it, hahahahaha.

Since a few days back, we had been making a plan to go to a car exhibition with Araz, so we prepared the whole day today for it. However, during church Araz texted me saying he completely forgot that he had this random office event he had to participate in which meant we had to cancel the trip. Since I was texting Venessa last night about the eyeliners and eyebrow pencils she bought via Luis, I thought of her and asked if she was idle for the day. She was! She invited us to come over and cook with her, we were so excited! 

Super scrumptious homemade lunch
Luis and I are big on spicy food. Not the hot, chili-spicy food, but food with strong spices, so this curry dish was right up our alley. The sauce was thick, the potatoes and carrots were cooked very well, and both the fried and grilled chicken tasted amazing, thanks to the marinating process beforehand. Needless to say we were enjoying our lunch so much.

Halfway through finishing our second plate, Araz called to tell us his event had been cut short and we still could go to the car exhibition. I obviously declined since we had already been at Venessa's and proposed for us to just go next week. Suddenly I had an idea, why didn't he just join us hang here? I checked with Venessa first, of course, before inviting him. She didn't mind, she had heard so much of Araz anyway and so had Araz. Up to that point, upon Araz' agreement to make his way to us, I didn't know what to expect cause of course it's possible that things would get awkward since they hadn't met in person before. 

It turned out to be the best decision. They got along instantly!!!!!!!! Not the kind of hey-it's-nice-to-meet-you got along but the craziest way as if they had been good friends for years. Unbelievable. Luis and I couldn't stop exchanging looks, we were totally shocked on how, um, compatible the two were. Hahahaha.. Later on, Araz told me privately that Venessa was basically another me, that's why it was effortless for him to try getting to know her. Definitely not in a romantic way, though, they're basically having a cats-and-dogs relationship, haha!


After a good hour of hanging out at Venessa (after all of us witnessed Araz accidentally ---and embarrassingly-- flipped his plate upside down creating a mess on his lap because of how good the food was), we made our way to the nearest mall. The Sushi Tei dinner was on me, it was still a week after my birthday anyway. Prior to this, Luis had never had a single sushi in his life. He was too paranoid of raw food. Araz and Venessa then teamed up to give him a few options of good cooked sushi dish and it was a major success! Luis was so happy with the food choices, especially my favorite tuna salad spicy mentai Ega and Uty introduced me to.


For desserts, we went for a few scoops of Island Creamery while chilling in a park with cute plush seats next to a mini pond, just in time for a live music to begin. Hands down, one of my favorite birthday celebrations. The three of them have a special place in my heart. They're legit the three out of the only four people that I come to for literally everything (the fourth being my sister).

It was also the eve of our second anniversary, so you know we just had to take this photo. :D


One thing about today, we laughed so much. Venessa and Araz are just amazing people to be around with, individually. Being surrounded by the two of them together sure was a treat for me. It really didn't help that Araz always has stupid ideas from time to time, such as this one where he went for a 180-degree photo in front of the upside-down Louvre monument so it would look as if he was visiting the real Louvre in Paris. Our cheeks hurt. 


On the car ride back to Venessa's house before Araz dropped Luis and I home one by one, Venessa and Luis revealed to me that when Araz hadn't reached Venessa's house, they thought of him as someone very smart and charismatic and other good traits. They concluded at the end of the day that he is nothing like what they had in mind. I almost peed my pants.

I wish we had introduced them sooner!