Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Aug 25 - Chick Flicks with Four Chicks

Only a few days till Adek and Mariana went back to school, so I stayed in today and invited Mariana and Luis over (Adek would be home all day). It was already a long time plan to just hang at home to do movie marathon and cook, so that's what we did!

Adek really couldn't wait to munch those heavenly stroopwafels
It was mean of us to let Luis choose only from the chick flicks we had hand-picked beforehand, hahahaha.. He chose Heartbreaker, a French rom-com starring Romain Duris and Johnny Depp's ex Vanessa Paradis that I've seen so many times with Adek. It was such a great choice because he too actually liked the movie! Hihihihi.. 

The various cookies I've been saving from the last Eid for him
Then came lunchtime. Playing his role as the sweetest boyfriend of life, he had already bought all of the ingredients for today's cooking. So amazing. We all helped and it was so much fun. I always knew he is a great cook, but it was the first time I really put him to the test and he nailed it completely. My goodness was the noodle dish delicious!!!! :9


By the way, while cooking lunch, I randomly texted Irene to ask if she could join us right after school, and she was so thrilled! She came over just as we were finishing lunch (of course we saved some of the food for her). The next movie was Mariana's choice, which is The Holiday, a bittersweet drama starring Kate Winslet, Cameron Diaz, Jude Law, and Jack Black. Adek and I have also seen this a few times, so we agreed right away. Just like the first movie, we were not only watching but also munching chocolates and snacks, hahaha. This family though!


Sometimes I feel sorry that he met me, since all of my cousins are exactly like me. So imagine my talkativeness and randomness, multiply it by 4, and that equals the amount of craziness he had to put up with today. But he hadn't met Kiti yet.......................... *insert an evil laugh*