Monday, February 16, 2015

Feb 15 - Happy Valentine's Day!

I wouldn't understand what it is about October that just stops me from carrying on with writing here!
Two Octobers back to back, I was led into a loooong haul and an undecided period of blogging halt.
Anyway! I'm back for good. And by for good I mean I'm in a much better condition and that Luis and I are doing better than ever.

Let me just put it out there: We do not celebrate Valentine's day. At all. In his words, more or less, "Valentine's day is only a time of the year that people are suggested to spend more," behind the whole love gimmick, I might add.
But as a long distance couple, any holiday is a momentum to get/make something special for your significant other simply because you have a solid reason to. :D

So we did get/make something for each other for the sake of Valentine's day.

What he got me!
A few months ago he shocked me when he came home with a Minnie Mouse doll as a just-because gift for me and now he got me this adoooooooooorable mug together with fun chocolate eggs! He's really mastered the art of surprising me.

What I made him!
A DIY project I've been seeing all over Pinterest that I finally decided to make. I had prepared another DIY gift but after discussing with him, I decided it'd be better as an 1.5-year present this coming Feb 24.

After the gift exchange within the first minutes of Feb 14, I needed to sleep and he was visited by his sister and her kids, so we needed to say good night and part anyway. I then had a full day planned out with my best friends from university and he was out celebrating his closest friend Guus' birthday (followed by an all-guys party which consists of Real Madrid match, a movie, and, you guessed it right, video games, haha). But even with such scarce conversations and limited time to be with each other over phone and text, it still felt special, just as special as last year where we were together most of the time on this particular day. Compared to last year (he baked me a batch of super cute heart-shaped cakes, beautifully decorated with pastel-colored icings and little edible letters, accompanied by a huge heart-shaped lollypop that said "I Love You" and I made him 14 different, little Valentine-themed gifts for the the days in February leading to this date), I would say this second Valentine has successfully showed me that the happiness we give each other is effortless.

PS: He called me in the middle of my dinner with my friends (as per my request, obviously, he is not one to disturb my time with friends and family) and greeted me with, "Hi, Valentine.." Needless to say, that made me giggle so much!

PPS: Nawang, if you are reading this, this post is dedicated to you. Love you, Girl.