Monday, October 13, 2014

Oct 13 - Doctor Lu and A Dose of FaceTime

Weekend was packed and today I left early in the morning to accompany Grandparents to their doctor's appointments at a hospital downtown; bottom line, I barely had time to sit down and write.
Plus, starting from this week, I'll be writing my thesis so I doubt if I'll ever write as much as I'd like to.
I knew it was very ambitious of me to set a goal to finish the flashback by next week but we shall see, maybe I'll have some spare time over the next weekend to catch up on writing.

As per today, I've spent most of the time just being sick.
It's my period day two and since yesterday my tummy has been acting out, but that's not the worst.
Not only does it make me cringe from the pain and nauseous feeling, my head has also been spinning practically since I woke up.
At first I thought it was because I got off bed in a rush and fled to take a shower, but during the day the weird state just didn't go anywhere, in fact I still have it now, so annoying.
To make it worse, my mom gave me a wrong address of the location of the room my grandparents were being treated (she wasn't there so blame my grandparents' maid). 
I literally went around that hospital for more than 30 minutes, it's ridiculous.
When I finally found them, Grandma was given a looong set of tests by her neurologist and it drained me just by being there to go through all the process.
I realized I was (am) being a complaining bitch but when I have my period, I have my period; don't judge.

We took a taxi to Grandparents' house and I had to wait for my cousin's driver to bring me home, and been resting ever since.
I tried taking a nap and ate a burger that's used to be my go-to meal, but even those didn't help with the tummy pain and/or the dizziness, and that's when I started to break down.
I was just frustrated of not being able to do anything, especially reading my journal for thesis and the thought of postponing it again and again just upset me.

In my moment of weakness, I texted him with a brief explanation on how awful I was feeling and we did a little FaceTime.
I wish I could say it helped reducing the pains immensely, hehehe.
It didn't, but I felt much, much, much better at least mentally.
He always knows how to make me smile and laugh and just de-stress, and that's among the things I admire about him (plus he makes the cutest selfies).



Here's hoping that tomorrow will be a lot better than today.
If not, I'll just call Doctor Lu to ask for another dose of FaceTime!