Saturday, October 11, 2014

Flashback: Aug 7 - My "LDR Couple First Meeting" Moment

So you've read a hundred different stories on "LDR Couple First Meeting" told by him/her who met his/her online girlfriend/boyfriend.
So you've seen lots and lots of YouTube videos on "LDR Couple First Meeting" shot in an airport where he/she picks up that online girlfriend/boyfriend.

But you will never know how it really feels like until it's your own LDR Couple First Meeting moment.

It started off so, very unusual for me.

My friends and families (also his best friend and his families) (who were almost as excited as I was to see him) kept on texting me to check on me from one day prior to his arrival.
When I told them the truth that I was super calm and definitely not nervous, they were shocked, and to be honest it shocked me too seeing how cool I had been.

Until it was half an hour before his ETA, when all of a sudden, I felt blood rushing to my head.
I became really anxious thinking of things I should have thought way before, such as how I should look when he came out of that gate, what I should say for the first time, what kind of hug I should give him, where I would like for him to kiss me for the first time, and if he would be disappointed in my physiques (not that I lied about it, but what if I was too photogenic or something, right).
I was so grateful my best friend Ega was there with me at the airport, otherwise I might not be able to get myself together and try my best to look normal.
After the PA speakers informed that his plane had landed, I tried my best to pose as normal as I could despite of my churning stomach and crazy-beating heart.
Ega and I decided to split up because I totally forgot to tell him that there were two exits and no one could have been sure which exit he would take.
So then I waited.
And waited for some more.
And waited for really long time.
And waited for till it was almost two hours after his plane landed.
I started developing crazy ideas on what things might have happened to him, cursing myself for not making him write my number just in case he needed to make an emergency call with someone from the airport's phone.
I started pacing the waiting area, not giving a single care on what people thought of me.
I started feeling really scared if all of this was too good to be true like what everyone said.

Then I felt two hands covering my eyes and I turned around in panic.
It was him.
And he was perfect.

He hugged me and kissed my temple the way I knew he would.
Ever so gently.
There were all the butterflies in the world, all packed up in my stomach, flying in a riot, not a unison.
There and then, I felt it, it is really true love what I have been having for him for the past 11 months.
Just as I was digesting the reality and fighting with myself if this perfect guy in front of me really was my boyfriend, he opened his mouth and said, "Are you wearing colored contacts??" 
HAHAHA, yes, he definitely was.

Credits: Zuleika Rega. My man and I, and the butterfly doll we always talked about.

We walked to Ega's car with my hand hugging his arm, his other hand was dragging his suitcase and my other hand carrying our butterfly doll.
I remember myself feeling so happy to finally see him in person.
I remember myself feeling so happy to finally touch him and feel him in reality.
I remember myself feeling so happy to finally walk beside him on a same soil without the distance.
I remember myself feeling so happy to finally.... feel normal.

Yes, I was the happiest girl on the planet that time.
Little did I know, I was about to hold the title for the next four weeks.

Our first selfie, taken in his room after Ega and I finished helping him with the paperwork for the apartment