Thursday, July 23, 2020

Jul 23 - Those Who Believe

You know how your embarrassing/heartbreaking memories stay longer and are more prominent in your brain compared to the beautiful ones? I'll spare you some BS and instead encourage you to research the scientific explanations behind it. Happens to me and this blog too TBH, I feel lately I don't give enough shout out to those who have always supported, especially during the rough patches in our LDR span across 7 years. And/or now.

I am reminded today to thank God for those people. With the (initial) wedding day practically around the corner, every single day there's always at least two people dropping by virtually through phone calls, texts, and Instagram messages asking how we are doing. At first it felt like something I would have done too if I were on the other side. But there are just so many people. And ones who have done it one day keep coming back every so often. It's just extremely difficult to not think I'm up there with some of the luckiest girl on earth, for having so many God-sent people to take care of me in my time of needs.

Yesterday to today was a big one. In less than 24 hours, I had Uty, Zuzu, Eric, Jamal, Fajar, and Samantha reaching out via various methods. And it's not the "I'm great, oh by the way how's the wedding thing coming along?" kind of message, but the "Hey Vic, how are you? I'm here if you need anything!" kind of message. I didn't ask for attention, they just.. popped up unexpectedly. In the most heartwarming manner possible. In the way it makes me feel I had been a wonderful friend to them. I haven't.

The following didn't necessarily initiate conversation yesterday, but it would be a surprise if I did not hear from them in two weeks asking for updates: Allie, Araz, Nantulang Ipi, Galih, Kiti, Kak Des, Venessa, Ecel, Mbachi, Fifi, Stephanie, Bros gang, Tia Cruz, Kakak, Galuh, Naila, Natasja, and Mbak Bimbi. Not that ones who ask once or twice are not important (for example, Pak Syl's monthly check in; wow, talk about quality over quantity here), but I'm listing those special, above-mentioned names down so I do not forget. So the next time the tide turns -- NOT that I would ever wish for them to be unlucky or anything -- I know to place their names on top of my priority.

I don't give up because of them.