Wednesday, July 22, 2020

Jul 22 - It's What He Doesn't Do

Every single person in my circle knows I don't mind being called names, dealing with back-stabbing snakes, having to wait for a chronically late person, sleeping next to loud snorers, receiving non-constructive criticism, not getting the credits I deserve, hearing people talk shit and gossip about me; all the ultra common pet peeves there are. Those things do annoy me, but it takes a millisecond or two (fine, sometimes a day) for me to shrug it off and be over it.

Honesty, however, is the biggest thing for me. Although I'm not the smartest kid on the block, I know a thing or two more than that kid about spotting liars. Lying in my dictionary means two things: you underestimate my intelligence (that I would not be able to see right through you) and you're a coward who chooses to not tell the truth which may result in a confrontation. 

It might be biased, knowing I'm one who (more often than not) would risk relationships for the sake of letting the truth roam free. But I won't apologize as it's just my personality (and I think it's called 'personality' for a reason: it's a way to define that person). I'm a big girl, I can handle ugly truths and forgive your actions; however, if I spot you're lying to me, that's the end of it. I keep quiet but make a mental note that you're no longer one who deserves to benefit from me in any way, shape, or form.


Maybe that's one big fat reason why I've never wanted to call it quits with this guy. Look, I'm not gonna sit here and pretend like he's all that perfect, because he's not. But at least he doesn't lie to me, despite having all the reasons to, and the opportunity. Through it all, he chooses to come clean with things and have raw conversations with me, even at the expense of the follow up chore of buttering up this broken-hearted/completely-livid girl who always feels the need to say a piece of her mind. He's confident my state of mind wouldn't stay negative for all that long, cause he knows at the end of the day I'll come to my senses and remember that he remembers

That this is the way he cares. The way he appreciates me. The way he puts me first.

PS: Post not triggered by him. Some people lied to me today.

PPS: Of course I caught them. By default, I keep quiet but make a mental note that they're no longer ones who de-- oh, please, just scroll up already. :)