Tuesday, May 5, 2020

May 5 - Plans, Plans, Plans

Here's to addressing the elephant in the room. Hmm, more like the world. Like on every continent there is.

Obviously we have set our big date to be on Aug 22, 2020. It was supposed to be a jam-packed, crazy day: holy matrimony in the morning, Batak wedding in the afternoon, gala reception in the evening. Well, the hotel for the Batak wedding called last week to inform they're closed down until Dec 2020. That leaves us to the other 2 events, but the current state of the outbreak honestly encourages me to cancel the gala reception altogether.

Heck, I'll be lucky if we can still do the holy matrimony at all. It's not so much that we're worried the church would, too, stop officiating marriages, but if Luis still couldn't fly in later in August, I wouldn't have a groom to say I do to! :D (PS: It's been established that Luis has only 2 tasks in this whole wedding fiasco: 1. to halve the expense with me and 2. to show up on the d-day and say I do. With the efforts I've put in, in making sure the wedding is the closest to what we (I) have in mind, I'm certainly not going to give him a hall pass by foregoing 50% of the expected work coming out of him, hahaha).

I often joke that, seeing how well we've mastered the key to staying sane in our close-to-7-years LDR, maybe we should just attend the meeting through video calls. Install a giant screen at the altar, have the other party ready to roll, and exchange vows through the camera.

This is a challenging time for so many reasons. One of them, our wedding plans. Subsequently, our moving plans. Cause any change made to the original plans would result in other plans. How many times can one person say the world 'plan', really. How many times can they make and amend them, really. Keeping our fingers crossed that, regardless of this seemingly-endless chaos, everything would turn out okay.