Wednesday, March 4, 2020

Mar 4 - Life Happens

Can't believe I hadn't been posting for 1.5 years! 

The year of 2019 was by far the busiest set of 12 months of my life. So busy that I couldn't even keep a journal. I was on a business trip to Singapore with my new boss, discovered a new soulmate (hey, Allie, if you're reading), experienced total sakura-coma following a 10-day trip to Seoul and Tokyo with my girls, achieved my all-time lowest weight on scale, celebrated my 3rd work anniversary, went blackout drunk in Bali which was a sobering incident on its own, received an overdue promotion, planned and completed another big-ass Eurotrip, met colleagues in our Amsterdam office in person, parted ways with some of my fave people at the office, and paid my respect one last time to a dear colleague who lost her battle to cancer. All that and I chose to give in to my, uh, mind of the flesh, trading precious memory book with a few extra hours of sleep and mind-untangling.

It was also the year my parents gave Luis their blessings to propose to me and so he did, in the most magical city of Budapest, Hungary. (Thinking about it never fails to jelly my knees - everything was simply just perfect. Maybe I'll share it here one day.)

How I wish I had documented the different flows of feelings and emotions running through me during each specific event, but I guess sometimes life happens. It overwhelms and lets you keep only truly the memorable ones to stay in your memories.


Of course I forgot to use the better quality camera(s) and show the correct hand. What do you expect? Everyone and their mother already know I'm not that smart.