Monday, May 2, 2016

Sep 16 - Heartbreak Drawing Near

I dreaded writing this post and the next one for so long. Not because something bad happened, nor is happening at the moment between us. It's just that.. thinking about these days rips me to pieces every single time. Every time I picked myself up and started typing, my heart was broken all over again. Exactly how it is now. But this needs to be done, so here we go.

Today was the last full day we were together since tomorrow he would fly out to the Netherlands and only God knows when we would see each other again.

Oh my goodness. See? I suck at trying to feel better.

Okay let's start over.

Today was Luis' last full day in Jakarta. The options were endless as of what to do for the day, but realizing we were running out of time, shopping for his family and friends it is. The list included stocking up on Tolak Angin and other Indonesian things for him to bring back to NL, a few items for his friend Jeremy who's a quarter Indonesian, a couple of Victoria's Secret perfumes for his sister whose birthday he missed since he was here, a blanket for his niece (yes, we were carrying blanket all around that day hehe), and a t-shirt for his nephew. This is what we got half-way.

Thank God for Kelapa Gading Mall, eh?
I forgot to take the final photo with all of the goodies. Oh well. Good thing we still got time to have lunch at his favorite non-MSG restaurant and took cute photobooth pictures..... which required us to first go to an ATM cause he was going a little ham on the shopping spree, haha. Amazes me every time I see him putting his every effort in gifting people and not sparing nearly half of the energy for his own needs. Smart, sexy, selfless. I must have done something good, in the words of Maria von Trapp.

Anyway, it was very convenient that the mall we went to was very close to my baby cousins' house. They love Luis, so we really wanted to pay them a visit. And they were such sweethearts as always!

My Laura
These girls are seriously the cutest!

We were basically rushing at this part; his plane was at 5.30 the next day so all packing needed to be done by tonight. Lucky he has the best packer in the world! This is how snug everything was. Bear in mind the blanket and his suit et cetera had not been inserted.


Gift-exchange at my place took the final hours before we had to part to try to catch some sleep for an hour of two. The long note consisted of his 25th birthday present I had been keeping for more than half a year, a photobook of our summer together last year, and my thesis in which he could find his name.





I meant each and every word
Adding my gifts into the already super full suitcase wasn't really a big deal. This, on the other hand, was.


Remember this post? About a week ago we tried to find a bakery that apparently was closed due to a major renovation. Knowing we went through all the troubles only because Luis really loved the cookies and wanted to bring some for his families, Mama's friend contacted her sister to ask her to bake A SPECIAL BATCH just for Luis. Earlier today, her driver dropped these TWELVE boxes of SIX different types of cookies as she texted Mama begging to just take them without worrying about the bills. I can't. She can murder someone and will still go to heaven I'm sure, that's how kind she is to us. May God bless Tante Tria and her family. <3

As per Mama's suggestion, he only took 6 out of 12 since his stopover in Dubai would be quite lengthy, making carrying 12 boxes of fragile cookies even harder than 6. She gave him a bag to store them and there he was, kissing me good night for the last time in 2015.