Thursday, April 30, 2015

Apr 30 - His and Her Corners

It's been sooooo long since I last wrote here! Crazy. April has been mental indeed, I feel like it's just passing by so, very quickly that I have been having a hard time keeping up with it, especially mid-month towards the end --now--. One big milestone is when I helped organize a national law seminar/training; it familiarized me more with my idea of the perfect job for me and reassured me that it really is what I want to do with my life. Apart from that event, I have just been catching up with people I hadn't seen for a long time; although time consuming, I know it was necessary.

As far as our relationship goes, we hit the 20th month this month! Yay! First month to ever start with the number 2, and an inch closer to two years where he'll be here to celebrate it with me. I have already started a few lists regarding his next visit, from outfit plans, date ideas, and the massive "Things to Bring". Hahaha, the last one is getting kraykray every day since he just can't stop buying me stuffs! From snacks to chocolates to home ware stuffs to dolls to other presents. I'm positive I will cringe the moment I take a look at what's inside his suitcase: at least 70% of what he carries must have been for me! Hahahahaha..

Here's a reminder of how his suitcase looked like when he first arrived in Jakarta last summer:


It's excessive! I know!

For the stuffs waiting to be given to me in the summer, he stores them in an area in his bedroom that he calls my corner. Remembering he has a handbag, two hand fans his mom brought for me and my mom from Spain, three normal-sized dolls, and a whopping TWELVE-piece set of little dolls, two mugs, a candy jar, and a set of coasters for me, I bet you it looks like a steep mount. Please note that the stack hasn't included the edible presents I classified as snacks and chocolates before. Nuts!

But to be fair, well, in that sense, I'm not too different, I guess. I also keep buying stuffs for him in addition to making DIY's for him. Apparel-wise, I've accumulated a long sleeve shirt, a plaid flannel shirt, a long sleeve Batik, a 3/4 sleeve raglan tee, two t-shirts, a sweatshirt, a pair of chino pants, and a pair of football shoes. I store them together with his t-shirt and basketball shorts he left for me, so yes, he can basically board his plane to Jakarta bringing nothing at all (besides boxers cause it'd be weird in so many levels if I got him them as well, hahahaha). Oh and hair gel cause the man is practically married to it.

Recently I moved the mounted stack of things I bought him into an old bookshelf which I've emptied beforehand. It looks much neater and more organized now. The only drawback is, I'm running out of space already! *sweats* The initial idea of storing them into the bookshelf is to not have them occupy such large space in my room (that I call his corner). But if I can no longer fit the stuffs inside the bookshelf, looks like we're going to get back to having such unattractive hoarding-look in my bedroom! Hehehe.

Here's how the new storage system looks like (minus the football shoes):


Since he's coming, you'd think I can give everything to him so the space is free again right? No. That's where I'll store his gifts he's been keeping in my corner in his bedroom, hahaha, it's only going to be a mutual exchange. Plus, who says I've grown tired of buying him more stuffs the second he flies back to The Netherlands? ;)