Wednesday, May 21, 2014

May 21 - A Quick Update: Going Strong!

Hi, hi, hi!
Look who is updating after what feels like a year!

Our friends and families who know about this blog have been asking how things are between us mainly because they checked this blog and saw nothing, so they were kind of (well, should be present tense I guess) considering the possibility that the story ended or something.
I'm very pleased to tell you that it's not.

Yes, Luis and I are still pretty much together! :)
Three more days and we would have been dating for 9 months already. Nine months! Who would have thought, huh?

Over time now, as more people in our lives know about how we 'met', we have just never ceased to gain pessimistic comments and criticism, which sometimes are not exactly constructive. 
Being so far away from each other, sometimes things get a little harder to a point that I would just get a little sad and wish he were here with me for real. 

But then I turn to look at how happy he makes me and how positive this relationship is to our own selves. I would like to stress more on the latter, cause I didn't experience this in my previous relationships.
You know how there are many couples out there who get overly attached to each other, become so inseparable, and just let go of other people they usually spend time with?

That is not what is happening to us, thank goodness, as we give and provide each other with alone time and comfortable space to keep up with our personal lives. And this is what I love most about being with him: I still get to hangout with my friends (guy friends too, since the more friends of mine he knows, the less jealous he gets), he still gets to go on boys' nights with his best friends, we have plenty of time for our families, and the right amount of solo moments to enjoy our hobbies.

Just like any relationship, we do have problems too. We argue and sometimes fight, but it's almost never about the same thing over and over again, and with every disagreement, comes a better understanding about each other and what we want and need from each other.

I didn't plan on writing this much, but once I started typing, words just came thru my mind and made me want to write a lot.
There are so much to tell, unfortunately I haven't exactly found enough time to get on them, so looks like further updates are gonna have to wait a little longer. 

Until then, stay in love!