Sunday, March 21, 2021

Mar 21 - The Illusion of Being Apart

I woke up yesterday to his text requesting a full, detailed recipe of how I made the Hainanese chicken rice his family really loved. Before I went to sleep yesterday, he video-called me to ask which buttons to press on the washing machine and tumble dryer.

This guy surprises me in ways I had never seen anybody do before. He cracks me up with jokes so original people wouldn't realize they were meant as such. Or maybe it's because we think the same, and the times we don't, we still get each other.

He reminds me, without so many words, that distanced or skin-to-skin, phone calls or whispers, sharing a kitchen or doing laundry alone, a lot of me is him and a lot of him is me. Except he wouldn't in a million years keep a digital diary this obnoxious. :)