Wednesday, August 5, 2020

Aug 04 - Security

There's no denying that this man has so many exceptional qualities. Among them is confidence. Not the cocky personality to think he's above everyone else, or I should be the lucky one in the relationship (spoiler alert: I am). But the security and contentment with our relationship and, in turn, honesty practiced and trust instilled.


Pretty early on in the relationship, he wasn't very happy with how close I was (am) with Araz. He, so as I, is never one to think two people from opposite sex couldn't be fully platonic, but it caught him off guard seeing how 'friendly' I was with a guy I claimed to be 'just a friend'. Immediately I told him if he were about to make me choose between him and Araz, I'd choose Araz. Big time. Luckily it didn't take long for him to finally understand just how important my relationship was with Araz, but it occupied a different section of my heart. What also helped was when he finally met Araz (after the both of them managed to avoid each other the entire month Luis was here the first time around), when he saw the two of them instantly clicked... and were about to embark on this alarming bromance situation.

Anyway. Araz, although indeed the closest, is just an example. I have many more guy friends and Luis is fully accepting of that. He trusts I'm being honest with him that they're not a threat to what we have. That kind of confidence is hella sexy in my eyes. The more he trusts me, the more willing I am to be open with him, and I can't tell you just how comfortable this reciprocity is!

Earlier tonight he came home and texted me on Telegram. I didn't have time to check cause I was on the phone with Bang Aroon, so after a few minutes he video-called my iPhone. Again, I didn't answer, so he video-called my Samsung. I picked up, showed him I had been on the phone with Bang Aroon for the past 1.5 hours, and told him I would call him back. He just said okay, showed me a Magnum ice cream he was enjoying, and told me silly things that didn't make a lot of sense while he hung up. That's so precious to me.

I swear there's just something with a guy who seemingly has no insecurities. I'm sure he has one, or a maybe a couple, but I'm SO glad it's not in this department.