Sunday, November 6, 2016

Nov 02 - Late Night Arguments

I started watching The Blacklist almost a month ago and tonight I finished watching S03E18. I'm so obsessed. Blame it on Luis. Yes, cause the man has nothing better to do than getting me addicted to all the TV shows he recommends! Breaking Bad, Arrow, Homeland, and now this. Just as you thought it was a good idea to let your significant other know yourself very well. (Kidding, I'm so lucky, Baby.)

Towards the end of the long phone call just now, we were joking around and, bearing the Most Random Person crown I am wearing 24/7, I asked him, "Can we name our son Tom?" It wasn't that random actually. I was filling him in with everything happening at work and he was comforting me because he's literally the best person to vent to which is old news since he's literally great at everything, but that's beside the point. He was so sweet, so I said, "Do you know whom you reminded me of? Tom Keen."

"Tom Keen!? Why?"

"Yeah, like I'm the girl with the crazy job and long working hours like Lizzie and you're like the perfect guy with a simple life and a simple job who's always there to support her. Exactly like Tom. I just hope when I'm doing something with our house later and I need to rip the wooden floor open, I won't find multiple passports with all your different aliases on them."

"Maybe. Maybe you'll find one that shows my name as 'Batu'."

"Let me guess. Nationality, Papua?"

"No, it will be Indonesian because Papua is in Indonesia. Unless you are from Papua New Guinea, then it would say Papua not Indonesia. But to be honest they're the fake Papua, you know? They're not the real Papua who...." I wish I could contain my laughter to really get what he was saying.

"Can we name our son Tom? Thomas?" This is what I was referring to earlier.

"NO."

"Why not? Thomas is a good name. I'm so in love with Tom's character in the series."

"Thomas is too English."

"Everything's too English for you. You don't want Tom, you don't want Oliver--"

"Oliver is too English. And it's too French too because it's from Olivier."

"OMG! So what name should we go for? We have never agreed on a boy's name!"

"We will see."

"That's what you say each time. I ain't naming our son 'We Will See'."

"Why not? We Will See Lutgens."

The things I'd do to that silly, gorgeous human being who happens to be the love of my life.

Oh and to Tom Keen.