Monday, June 20, 2016

Jun 20 - The KonMari Method

It's the 34th month of being with Lu and all I can say is, I intend to keep things the way it is cause whichever way we keep things, it sure is working so well. We've grown as individuals and we've grown as a couple, and it's the clear line between the two that I believe contributes heavily to how we survive despite the painful distance and long time not seeing each other.

Since YouTube has killed the TV for me, I love discovering new channels on various topics everyday. About 6 months ago, I found this decluttering video of Jessica Murphy (she went by JAMbeauty89 back then) and was introduced to KonMari's method. After a few digging back to the original idea (official page here), apparently there's only one big question to ask during the whole decluttering process, which is, "Does it spark joy?" (steps summarized here). Even so, I like Jessica's second question, which is, "If this item was gone one day, would I go out and get it back immediately?" It's only when an item receives two yes-es that you get to keep it.

I'll happily apply this technique to my relationship any day of the week. Does he bring me joy? Absolutely. If he was gone one day, would I go out and get him back immediately? Absolutely. There are no yes-es, but in my book, 'absolutely' ranks significantly higher than a boring 'yes'. :P

Seriously, where will I ever find another man who would order the tiniest, cutest, baby-monkey-shaped nail dryer straight from China for his nail-polish-obsessed girlfriend? As a just-because gift, I must add. 


Exactly, he (and his every single random, super thoughtful gift) isn't going anyway. Not even using the infamous KonMari method. Especially (!) using that.