Thursday, May 7, 2015

May 07 - Indonesian Lesson Session 49572

My sister was burning up to 39.5 degree Celcius today, right after Barca-Bayern catastrophe ended to be exact. Luis thought so much of her and constantly checked in with me on her condition. As random as I am, I wrote, "Aku kangen kamu deh." Then I realized 'deh' is one of the Indonesian mega-difficult-to-explain slang words that I have yet to familiarize him with, the others being 'lah', 'dong', 'sih', and 'lho', to name a few (he's mastered 'ya' and 'kan' for a long, long time now). Since we were presented by this opportunity, I went ahead and explained the first two.

This is what I wrote before the upcoming screenshot:
"'Lah' is mostly for 'of course', so it's more for rhetorical answers. Such as, when kamu ask Steph (my cousin Stephanie whom he's had dinner with.red), "You do eat meat, don't you?" She would say, "Iya lah.." It's for "duuuuh'' questions."


As you can see, it was around 3pm. After my early dinner and his lunch, he made time between things he was working on in order to meet me on FaceTime Video. The call was lovely as always, before the connection decided to just be a straight-up douche.


We gave up and this conversation happened.


Apart from the inside joke about "roti mami", I think you can tell how successful the learning session was. Hahahahaha, he always makes my day like nobody's business!