Thursday, November 21, 2013

Oct 14 - Spy on a Mission

I always wanted to be a spy when I was little. (Okay, maybe sometimes the idea of applying to CIA after college still creeps into my mind sometimes.) But if there’s one thing that’s really torturing to be a spy, for me, is that you don’t get to share about your operations to anyone, even your significant other, because it’s just too risky. Your lover can’t even know what mission you’re on, what city you’re in and going to, what name you’re using for the specific task, etc.

But Luis is not a spy.

Apparently, he’s wanted to do a special mission all these years, and he just decided to tell me tonight, when the execution is tomorrow. After he explained about this mission and I got to ask him questions, he asked for something.

L: Baby, could you do me one favor? Uhm, to send me a message tomorrow morning that everything will be okay. (blushing) Just a sweet one like I send you at night.
V: I will do that, you don’t have to ask for it. You know what I don’t understand?
L: Tell me.
V: The fact that you never brought this up to me in our conversations. Not even once. I can’t help but feel little and unimportant..
L: No Honey, it’s not that. I mean I didn’t tell anyone about it ever. You are the first one to know, because you are important to me. And I already thought I would bring it up today but I really didn’t know they would say, “Okay, tomorrow.” I thought we’d have enough time to, you know, talk about it.
V: Okay, but no more keeping secrets from me, promise? This idea has been there for 3 long years, even you’ve saved up for this. Promise?
L: I promise, I never kept a secret, did I? It was just a personal thing that I would tell you anyway Baby. I promise, pinky promise. (heart)

I know he’s telling the truth. I just hope everything will come out right, as planned.